Saturday, February 18, 2012

Beauty





I guess it's time in life to admit your failures and start to grow up a little bit. Growing up I went to many different church events and they would always talk about how God thinks you're beautiful. In my mind it always something like alsdkjf;aweirjflkdnb;laksd;fliaeur bull****. I just thought that what you saw on TV and magazines defined beauty. No matter how many times you hear that it's not true, it never really hits you until you start to think to yourself... what if they are right.

I never really cared if I had a beautiful face or body but I learned to care if I had a beautiful soul. When I approach someone are they turned away by my disposition to them or am I loving. I thought by making myself a better person I would be beautiful on the inside and that's all that would matter.

Now don't get me wrong - I still think that is the most important thing in life... BUT I have also learned that in fact it is important to view everything about yourself as beautiful. God doesn't make junk, and when I say that I really mean it. In order for you to see yourself as beautiful you need to start seeing beauty in the world. If you pass by a man on the street and are grossed out by his poverty you will never see the beauty in his eyes. His tattered clothes and stinky smell will hold you captive to negative thoughts. I challenge anyone who doesn't see themselves as beautiful to look at ugly situtations in the world and try to find one ounce of beauty. It's not just standing in front of a mirror saying "you are beautiful" that makes you find your own beauty - rathers it's finding beauty in everything else that will help you to realize you fit just perfectly in the world. By focusing on outside beauty of things we normally overlook we will realize in the choatic mess everything to a certain extent has some beauty. And we no matter how we look are no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment