Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mary the lab tech

I recently went to go and see a doctor at a clinic in Wyoming MN. Now I have to say that everyone in the clinic was great, I loved the doctor and everyone was so nice - but one woman stuck out to me in particular and that was Mary.

I had to have nine tubes of blood taken and I always give difficulties when it comes to giving blood.  A student came up and asked if it was alright if he drew blood from me and I figured that I might as well let him have a try because if I was in his situation I would want someone to let me try. He tried with all his might but he was just unable to get my blood from my arm or my hand. I wasn't frustrated because I knew the risks and I could tell that he felt so bad that I just reassured him that it was okay and told him he would have better luck with someone who had bigger veins. :)

Mary came over and told me she was a veteran at this so she would be able to get the blood out. She chatted with me and I could just tell from her voice that she was a person full of love. She made me feel so peaceful and calm and she helped me to remember God's love. She didn't have an extraordinary job but she decided to make her job extraordinary.

I need to be more like Mary. I need to be loving and compassionate no matter what position I find myself in. Life isn't about being in a loving situation constantly it's about bring love to all of your situations.

She even gave me a tootsie pop because she thought I was so nice to let the student try on me a couple of times. Mary inspired me and reminded that each day I have an opportunity to minister to others.

Gotta keep my chin up and a smile on my face. . . Life is what you make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment